Terms and Conditions
1.The conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicles. If the hirer is a company, group or partnership, an individual must be made as the responsible person. The hirer is responsible for all the actions and decisions of all passengers on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract, whether or not they actually travel with the party. The company will only accept instructions from the hirer. If the hirer is not travelling with the party, a representative must be chosen, and the company informed prior to the hire taking place.
2. Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route and on information provided by the hirer. The route used will be at the discretion of the company unless it has been specified by the hirer, in which case it will be clearly shown on the confirmation. Quotations are valid for 28 days, for one vehicle and one driver. Any additional charges will be separately identified and will be the hirer’s responsibility unless otherwise specified.
3. The company reserves the right to levy any additional charges for additional mileage or time agreed. The vehicle will depart at times agreed by hirer, and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept any liability for any losses incurred by passengers who failed to follow instructions given by the hirer.
4. The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law, and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passenger shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to driving hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur, the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs incurred unless it is outside the control of the hirer.
5. On a private hire, no animals (except guide dogs and hearing dogs notified to the company in advance) may be carried on any vehicle without prior agreement with the company.
6. All deposits requested must be paid by the date stated, any payment must be made in full 7 days before the start of hire or unless otherwise agreed by the company.
7. If the hirer wishes to cancel any agreement, the following scale of charges may apply in the relation to the total hire charge.
3-5 days prior to date of hire 25% of total costs.
1-2 days prior to date of hire 50% of total costs.
Day of Hire 100%
Cancellation due to inclement weather conditions will be charged as above
DEPOSITS PAID ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
8. In the event of any emergency, no civil commotion, strike, lock out, stopping or restraint of labour or on the happening of any event over which the company has no control (including adverse weather and road conditions) or in the event of the hirer taking action to vary agreed conditions unilaterally, the company may, by returning all money paid and without further or other liability cancel the contract.
9. The company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified at no additional charge unless extra seats are used in which case an additional pro rata charge will be made to the hire charge. The company reserves the right to substitute another vehicle (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hiring subject to such substitutes being of at least equivalent quality.
10. The company gives its advice on journey time and in good faith. However, as a result of a breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the control of the company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
11. All vehicles hired by the company are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for satisfactory safety reasons. The hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passenger’s property is carried. Large bulky items may not be carried, and the hirer should take all steps to notify the company in advance of such requirements. All articles of lost property recovered from the vehicle will be held at the company’s premises where the vehicle will be based, and will be subject to the current Public Service Vehicle (lost property) Regulations.
12. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times, and as such may remove any passenger whose behavior prejudices safety or is in breach of the Public Service Vehicle (conduct of drivers, inspectors, conductors and passengers) Regulations 1990. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by any passenger for the duration of the hire.
Where the hire is to a sporting event, the hirer should be aware of the legal requirement relating to alcohol, contained in the Sporting Events (control of alcohol) Act 1995, and the conditions of entry to race courses as laid down by the Race Course Association Ltd. The company will provide details of these restrictions on request.
13. In the event of a complaint about the company’s services, the hirer should endeavor to seek a solution from the driver or from the company. If this has not been remedied, complaints should be submitted in writing within 11 days of the termination date of the hire.
14. No bill, poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle without the written consent of the company.
15. Other than on a vehicle fitted expressly for that purpose, food (except confectionery/sandwiches) may not be consumed on the vehicle without prior written consent from the company. Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed on the vehicle at any time, drinks i.e. Water, and soft drinks are permitted with care.